Friday, March 30, 2012

Becoming a Superhero

I was on my way south from L.A. after FaffCon4 and the thought occurred to me, I like being a hero.  I like helping people, using my skills, no matter how mundane or silly to solve a problem or give someone a hand.  Helping other really makes me happy.

Being a hero doesn't take much when you think about it.  I don't have xray vision... although, ya have to admit, that would be cool.  I can't fly without an airplane, neither could Batman.  I'm strong and can lift things but a school bus is out of the question without a forklift.  But if you need a hand carrying something, let me get that for you.  Need a ride downtown?  sure!  Do you have any ideas on how to fix this?  Let me look.

I can't help it, I have an overwhelming desire to see others succeed.  I hold open doors, say bless you when people sneeze and offer people a pen if they need one. 

I carry this mentality into my working life.  Doing voice work or giving it my all on stage.  It all follows the same idea, helping someone out with one of my talents.  That can be a client or someone who needs a hand moving to a new apartment or fixing a bike.

Modern technology has even give us the Dick Tracy style phone.  I can be reached anywhere and almost anytime by people. I need to work on a logo or a battle cry!  "Spoon!!" is already taken, (damn you Tick!)

I like it.  How can I help? 

Ok, preaching over, back to work on the studio, but I wanted to share the idea...

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see I'm not the only person who has urges to wear a cape and spandex. Unfortunately my girlfriend reminds me constantly that rollerskating or the ability to cook does not count as a super power.

    ReplyDelete