Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Studio Build 16


Ok, it's been a whirlwind of a weekend, I auditioned for Falstaff in the Merry Wives of Windsor on Saturday.  Nailed the audition with the monologue and on Sunday had rehearsal for a benefit show... (found out Monday night I got the part!)

So work was catch as you can.  But I did get the frame for the large panel behind the mix desk built!  This one will get covered with an art print that I had ATS Acoustics print out at 4'x8'.

Here you can see the panel and how the 24"x48" Roxul fits in.


and here is a detail of how the frame is assembled, complete with "french cleat" on the back.



and back to one of Mike's images for clarification:


Then I secured the insulation to the cleat and a bottom brace by running a screw through the insulation and with a washer to keep it from pulling through.  I forgot to take a picture, but I'll get one that clarifies.

From there, stretch the fabric over the frame and hold in place temporarily with push pins until I got it right.  Then pneumatic staples all around the edge.  The other half of the French cleat is mounted on the wall, 5" from the ceiling and catches the 45 degree angle perfectly for a solid mount. 



and there it is!  This is what I'll be above the monitors and behind the nearfields.  And this print will get mounted the same way to the left of the mix desk.  The images are the work of Bradley W. Schenck from his Retropolis series.  Way cool stuff, and the vibe I was hoping for.


That will be Thursday evening at the earliest, maybe Wednesday, we'll see.  Then a couple of more panels, a door latch, rug, and we can think about moving some gear in!

WOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment